Friday 24 August 2007

Did you miss me?




Well here I am back home after an internet free week. We ended up staying at a place called Rowter Farm situated at the top of Winnats Pass just outside Castleton. The weather was pretty awful on the whole but a great time was had by all.
I have loads to tell and loads of photos when I get sorted to get them off my camera. We arrived home late last night to find my outdoor plants desperately droopy and dry. Half expected really ......Rhiannon does the usual teen rush around on the day we are due home. I came in a little angry at her as we have this everytime ....will she ever learn - I doubt it, but when I got inside I found she had surpassed herself this time......she was left a list of instructions on our departure and on it in big letters was "LEAVE MY ORCHIDS ALONE". I love orchids and have quite a collection and had decided to remove them from there spots and place them all on the kitchen worksurfaces out of the way of any danger of scorched leaves etc: and water them before I left and take my chances rather than risk Rhiannons usual standards of plant care. Well there they were all stood where I had left them but with there pots half filled with manky stagment water. I yelled.....she assured me that she only watered them once.....I yelled again and asked her if she had used a bucket.....she huffed......I yelled a little more. Shortly afterwards I heard the news about little Rhys Jones murder and I didn't yell anymore, I'm just grateful that my girls are with me no matter what stupid things they do. There was a fun day in the park here today .....right outside our house on the lawns and of course Ffi wanted to go. There were loads of people Ffi knew ...the park rangers etc: and normally she would have been allowed to nip in and out of the yard as she pleased......no today I just couldn't let her....it is a very sad world when you are afraid to let your child play outside there own house. My heart goes out to Rhys's parents and brother, it is unimaginable what they are having to go through.
The pictures today are of one of my Orchids before Rhiannon decided to look after them.
More about the holiday tomorrow......did I manage a week without UKS or crafting??

1 comment:

Stig said...

Oh dear hope the orchids recover!